menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Please introduce yourself
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Tuesday, 28 Jun 2011 - 15:29
Group: Administrators
The first step is the most difficult but once you've done it, you'll see that things are very easy.
This is a friendly community, try it.

As we say everytime, language is not a problem, ask Granite tongue

What language do they speak in Philipina?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 20:39

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Saturday, 02 Jul 2011 - 23:29
Bump!
Don't be shy!

sidewinder Post # 18 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 12:05
Group: Friends
Hello, My name is Jim and I'm guessing that I am a bit older than most of the people here. I'm 46, live in the United States (in Ohio) and have a degree in English. I am working on my MfA in Creative Writing with plans to eventually obtain a PhD. From there I hope to find a job as a University Professor of Literature or something in the Creative Writing arena.

I found this forum after a discussion with a friend about the best modern actors (and actresses). He had mentioned that he liked Summer but had heard a rumor of drug usage that could be a career ender. I didn't believe him so I was doing a search when I found this site and thought I'd join.

I first saw Summer on the Firefly series. I hadn't been a fan of SyFy stuff since they pulled Lexx, but a friend who works with Disney got me a job with a catering company while an undergrad. We worked a party where Jewell Staite was a guest. She was so attractive that I had to check out this new (at the time) series that she was on. I became more than a little impressed with Summer's ability to pull off the River character and have been a fan since.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 12:16
Hi sidewinder,

You'd be surprised by the age of a lot members here; there is scifi fanboys who are 70 years old and Summer's fandom is no exception.
More, the Wiki's members are generally much older than the average age of fanboys.
I'm 45 btw.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 12:17
Did i say Wellcome sidewinder?

Well i just did.

Granite Post # 21 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 12:17
Greetings Jim!
Now come Michelangelo and tell more details smile

Upd - Bingo!

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 12:18

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 12:50
You know me very well, Granite biggrin

But be careful, Jim has a degree in english, meaning he's not supposed to make as much mispelling as we do. I'm sure he would have been a great help for the letter to Summer Glau.
I'm glad there is such diversity in the member's nationality; each members improves the others by their difference in age, nationality, culture. The debate is much more interesting because everyone has not the same point of view.

Feel free to go through the topics Jim, even the old ones, your comments would be very much appreciated.

Devo Post # 23 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 18:49
Quote (sidewinder)
Hello, My name is Jim and I'm guessing that I am a bit older than most of the people here. I'm 46, live in the United States (in Ohio) and have a degree in English. I am working on my MfA in Creative Writing with plans to eventually obtain a PhD. From there I hope to find a job as a University Professor of Literature or something in the Creative Writing arena. I found this forum after a discussion with a friend about the best modern actors (and actresses). He had mentioned that he liked Summer but had heard a rumor of drug usage that could be a career ender. I didn't believe him so I was doing a search when I found this site and thought I'd join. I first saw Summer on the Firefly series. I hadn't been a fan of SyFy stuff since they pulled Lexx, but a friend who works with Disney got me a job with a catering company while an undergrad. We worked a party where Jewell Staite was a guest. She was so attractive that I had to check out this new (at the time) series that she was on. I became more than a little impressed with Summer's ability to pull off the River character and have been a fan since.

Welcome.

I never heard that rumor. And it is 100% false, not sure where your friend got that from...

I'm 33.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 24 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 19:20
Quote (Devo)
I never heard that rumor. And it is 100% false.

QFT!

And for the new viewers, we're not going to create a topic about it; let me quote an extract of the disclaimer of the site :

The fansite

Summer Glau Wiki is a fan site that is built by the fans themselves, it is an online resource for all things related to Summer Glau's work. The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments in a constant state of improvement. Here you can find : updated news, pictures, fan art, videos, chat rooms a discussion forum and much more.

This is not a gossips site where we discuss Summer's new love adventure or the party she went to last night. This is a place where we enjoy and discuss Summer's performance on stage, no matter what projects she's on, we fully respect and support her choices. Summer often praises on interviews the fact that her fans support her and give every work she does a chance is a blessing. Our turn to give her back all the supports she needs.

Charley_Dixon Post # 25 | Sunday, 17 Jul 2011 - 20:43
Quote (sidewinder)
Hello, My name is Jim

Hi and welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness! smile

Quote (sidewinder)
I'm guessing that I am a bit older than most of the people here. I'm 46

Actually the average age of people who post here is over 30, so that's not a big difference.

Quote (sidewinder)
heard a rumor of drug usage that could be a career ender

I'm pretty sure if there was something we would be among the first to discuss it. She mentioned in one of her recent interviews that she likes to drink whiskey but never gets drunk:
http://photos.summer-glau.com/albums/userpics/10001/2qXUq.jpg.
Other than that I've never heard anything on that matter. So that's not only just a rumor but it's a one unknown to her most hardcore fans.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Fermi Post # 26 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 13:20
Quote (sidewinder)
Hello, My name is Jim

Welcome to the wiki of awesomeness Jim

Quote (sidewinder)
had heard a rumor of drug usage

Probably he confused her with someone else.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 18:08
Bump!

No particular reason..

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 18:53
Quote (michelangelo)
No particular reason..

I lied!
I bumped this thread to invite our new member ogy86 to use it but he posted on the Summer Glau appreciation page; you can greet him also if you're in the mood.

ogy86 Post # 29 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 22:13
Hi! My name is Martin and I live in Czech Republic. I am 25 years old.

Summer Glau I discovered in TSCC. She immediately attracted me and I began to interest about her and her work. The more I learned about her, the more I became a fan of her.

I'm glad when I can talk with someone about Summer, TSCC (and fanfiction), Firefly, Action movies, sci-fi, sports, etc. :-)

I can speak both English and German (but I forgot a lot from German :- / )

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 22:21
Thanks for the few words, ogy86!
I'm sure you begin laready to get bored by me but it's something you will have to endure while you're at the wiki biggrin

The wiki is a place that has a lot to offer to its members, posters or lurkers btw. You can somply enjoy the lastest news or pictures or video about Summer ( Summer Glau FHM Photoshoot Video) or have a more detailed conversation about Summer , her work or any topic you're interested in.
We also have viewing parties : look at the home page or the Viewers Club thread.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Search: