Find below a few behind-the-scenes images from the scene in which Summer Glau's Terminator Cameron crashes into the front window of a car in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1.02 'Gnothi Seauton', as well as a few trivia about the car occupants.
Description of the scene.
Trivia about the car occupants.
1) The son of the tourist couple in 'Gnothi Seauton' was played by director David Nutter's son. Here's a screen capture of the boy in the car and a behind-the-scenes image showing Lena Headey, Summer Glau and David Nutter in the safe house.
2) The woman in the car was played by stunt actress Spice Williams-Crosby, who also performed stunts as a homeless woman in the second season episode 'Samson & Delilah' and as a prison guard firing at Cameron with a machine gun in the season two finale 'Born to Run' (see pictures below), but received no credit for her performances.
Science-fiction fans will remember Spice Williams-Crosby as the Klingon warrioress Vixis in the fifth Star Trek film Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (see HQ pictures below)
3) The man in the car was played by stunt actor Edward Conna, who also performed stunts in five other episodes of TSCC but received no credit for his performance. By way of anecdote, Conna performed stunts in Firefly (2002) and in Serenity (2005).
Car crash scene goofs.
1) Where are the police when you need them? A police officer apparently stopping the traffic during the shooting of the scene is visible on a few frames.
2) The metallic leg of a stage prop (see third behind-the-scenes image above) is visible on a frame.
I hope you enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at the TSCC scene and that you leaned a thing or two. Feel free to leave a comment below.
Want to share this post? Here are some ready-made tweets:
Click to tweet: Behind the Scenes Look at a Car Crash With a Terminator. http://bit.ly/1CqJgar #SummerGlau #StuntActors #TSCC via @Summer_Glau_com
|Category: Summer Glau ||
|Total comments: 3|
Message #2 | robbo | 07 Mar 2015, 02:30 GMT [Entry]
Impressive behind-the-scenes of pictures and stills from TSCC. The car scene with Cameron hanging through the car window was absolutely awesome when I first came across that episode, soon as Cameron went through that window I thought she was gone and was 'pushing up daisies', great trivia honestly it's like a 'fountain of knowledge'
Hard as nails our Cameron
Message #3 | KevinInEngland | 07 Apr 2016, 11:17 GMT [Entry]
In the picture above, we now know that the man who owned that car in 2_1 Samson & Delilah was a prominant TSCC man, although I doubt that blue range-rover-type vehicle was his own car as it ended up smashed. Spice Williams-Crosby, as you pointed out Chris, was throwing a bin at it.
I recollect there was a list somewhere of cars used in the TSCC series which I found straight away:
It turns out that it is a Jeep Cherokee. (I think).
I had forgotten about this posting until you pointed it out Chris.
Come to think of it, Spice Williams-Crosby would have made a great Sarah Connor.
Whoever spotted the policeman in the picture above saw something that I missed. Good spotting.