The trailer for Summer's new web series Jeff 1000
is out - as well as an interview
- and we thought it would be fun (and hopefully informative) to go through it frame by frame and unveil all the details you may have missed.
The trailer opens with a narrative voice telling how Hollywood has described robots in movies as "bad guys" for decades, illustrated with film clips.
Did you recognize at first sight all the movies the images of robots are from? Well, I've got you covered. Here are screen captures and the movie it is from (or simply hover the mouse over the thumbnail).
1) Klaatu is a fictional humanoid alien in the 1951 science fiction film 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. Technically not a robot though, unlike Klaatu's companion named Gort.
2) The Enforcement Droid, Series 209, or ED-209, are a fully-automated series of peacekeeping machines created by Omni Consumer Products, shown in the 1987 American cyberpunk action film Robocop, directed by Paul Verhoeven.
3) Giant robots lay waste to Montevideo in 'Panic Attack!', a 2009 Uruguayan science fiction short film, directed by independent filmmaker Fede Álvarez.
4) The Cyber Research Systems Series 850 Terminator, or T-850, is a variant of the Series 800 Terminator mass-produced by Skynet. The T-850 unit is an upgrade to the T-800, Skynet's main battle force.
5) Gort is a powerful 8-foot tall robot who accompanies the humanoid alien Klaatu in the 1951 science fiction film 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.
6) The Starscream / Orbital Assault Carrier are Decepticon ships in Michael Bay's science fiction action film Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011).
7) Shockwave is a massive Decepticon in the Transformers: Dark of the Moon film, and is mostly seen alongside his 'pet', the Driller.
8) Robot like beings from the planet Venus invades Earth in the 1954 science fiction film 'Target Earth' (thanks to The1Russter for finding the information).
... Read more »